Marc Dechèvre makes his very first website in 1994, when the web was still quite confidential.
In 2008, he discovers Joomla, its strenghts... and the power of its Community.
That Community gave him a lot... so in return he is very pleased to try to give back.
So that is why he's happy to be a regular speaker (in French / English / Dutch) at
- international conferences like :
- JoomlaDay FR
- JoomlaDay NL
- Joomla World Conference
- CMS Africa Summit
- meetings of several Joomla User Groups :
- JUG Wallonie (French-speaking Belgium), being co-organizer
- JUG Vlaanderen (Dutch-speaking Belgium)
- JUG Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso, West Africa), that he founds after having lived there a few years
In addition, he regularly publishes articles, available a.o. on
En 2016, he is the 1st French-speaking person to get the Joomla Certification.
In 2017, he enters the Board of AFUJ (Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de Joomla), the French-Speaking Association of Joomla Users.