Where do I sign up to become an author?
What subjects can I write about?
These are the initial topics that are being accepted:
- Joomlers Stories: interview to Community members to let people know about their experience as a Joomla volunteer.
- Joomla Event / JUGs in-depth: report on a completed JoomlaDay, JoomlaCamp or on a local Joomla! User Group activity or initiative.
- Joomla Team’s in-depth: news and term reports about the activity of the JVP teams
- Case Study: In-depth reviews/analysis of Joomla websites.
- Developer Trends: Subjects of interest to website developers.
- Designer's Studio: Subjects of interest to website designers.
- Administrator's Toolkit: Subjects of interest to website administrators.
- Did you know...?: Using features or combinations of features of Joomla! and Joomla! extensions to innovate. Have you been using known or lesser-known features to accomplish your use case? Share with the community and inspire others!
I have an idea for an article, how do I know it will be accepted?
When can I submit an article?
You may submit an article at any time, although the submission deadline for possible inclusion in the next issue is the 15th of the preceding month. The goal is to publish the magazine monthly around the 20th of each month.
How do I get my article published?
Articles which are not submitted in accordance with JCM guidelines (Content Guide, Linguistic Style Guide and Words to Watch) may not be considered. All magazine team members are volunteers and submitting your articles in accordance with these guidelines will save them time. We expect to accept multiple submissions from multiple authors for each subject. Articles may be accepted for publishing in future magazine editions.
How is an Editor assigned to my article submission?
Once you have submitted your article to JCM, it will be reviewed by an editor who will assign it to the appropriate "Topic". Each topic has a designated team of editors who will review your article submission.
What happens if there is an issue with my article submission?
If there are any issues with your submission an editor will contact you via email regarding necessary changes that are needed. Please keep in mind that it may take the editor assigned to your article up to 5 days from original submission to get back with you. However, you may hear from the editor as soon as that same day, so please be ready to work with your assigned JCM editor if necessary. Familiarizing your self with the available guides can help ease requests for changes:
Can I publish an article which has already been published elsewhere?
Yes, although it may require editing from the original format, verifying possible copyright issues, and quote the original publication.
On the other hand, if an article published originally in the JCM is re-published elsewhere, please credit this magazine as the original source, by referencing the JCM URL of the article.
What commitment should I make to write articles?
We don’t ask authors for any commitment, but we are happy to accept additional articles from the same authors over time. Depending upon editorial content needs, contributing writers may be invited to write a continuing series of articles for the magazine.
What do I receive for submitting an article to the JCM?
You get the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped and enriched the Joomla! community by sharing the information in your article(s), and you have participated in a community-driven effort. You may also include a short “About the author” statement at the end of your article(s) which may include a link to your website.
Are there other sections of the magazine I can help or contribute with?