The JCM is organized by different topics, and each issue contains new articles for each topic. There is a topics menu on the right sidebar of all JCM pages that allows you quick access to all articles in the current issue. You can click on the issues link in the main JCM navigation menu to find articles from previous JCM issues.
Contribute an article or idea, or join the JCM team
Engaging the community and encouraging participation is central to the JCM's mission. Each article provides the opportunity for community members to leave comments and interact with each other and the author. Each JCM article also features a “Contribute” module in the upper area of the right sidebar. In that module is a brief summary of what subjects that topic covers and what type of community participation is encouraged, along with a link to allow community members to take the next step of submitting an article or idea for an upcoming article.
The JCM has a team of friendly and helpful editors standing by to help you with your article. We have also developed extensive Author Resources content to help make the process of writing and submitting an article easier.
We are always looking for more creative, bright, talented, and passionate community members who are interested in joining our team of committed volunteers. Check the list the roles available for the JCM Team:
- Authors - Authors are individuals from the Joomla Community who create content for the Joomla Community Magazine
- Proofreader - The proofreader is in charge of making sure that the text of any product that involves writing is free of any errors.
- Copy Editor - Copy editors ensure that texts are engaging and accessible to the readers.
- Illustrator/Graphic Designer - Illustrators/Graphic Designers are commissioned to produce still drawings for use in articles and imagery for social media.
- Public Relations - Public Relations officers use a wide range of media to build and sustain the good image of JCM through planned publicity campaigns and PR activity.
- Researcher - Researchers are in charge of finding, investigating and evaluating topics for articles.
- Content Strategist - The Content Strategist is in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars.
- Social Media Specialist - Social Media Specialist is responsible for building and executing social media strategies across different networks.
- Editors - Editors are responsible for overseeing content and quality of magazine publications and make sure content is interesting and informative, according to JCM’s editorial line.
- Assistant Team Lead - Assistant Team Lead is in charge of assisting Team Leads overseeing team members work, launch dates, call for volunteers when needed,
- Lead Editor(s) - Lead Editors plan the overall magazine strategy, organise content, manage team member’s skills, oversees the magazine before publication and launches it.
- JCM Ambassadors - A JCM Ambassador participates in events as a Joomla representative