Joomla! in the Press/Media - July 2010
Welcome to Joomla! in the Press/Media. You will find links and short descriptions of where you can read recent articles about Joomla! in the Press and Media. Besides current mentions of Joomla!, we will take a “look back” into the history of the Joomla! project in future issues.
- Source: CMS Wire – This article is about the “J and Beyond” conference that took place in Wiesbaden Germany May 30 - June 1, 2010. This was the 1st international conference organized by the Joomla! community.
- Source: Small Business Trends – This article takes a look at the E-Commerce options available for Small Business. Many options for various solutions, with VirtueMart using Joomla! being one of those options.
- Source: Netribution – A few months ago I downloaded an open source add-on for Joomla!, the (free) software that powers Netribution. So impressed was I after half an hour of using it that I checked out some of the add-ons available for it.
- Source: CMS Wire – Welcome to the June installment of our what's coming from the open source projects in the next month.
- Source: PRWeb – Acute Long Term Hospital Association launches a new website to promote client engagement and boost its hospital advocacy services.
Source: PRWeb – Site redesign and Joomla installation help attract and engage customers.
- Source: The H Open – IBM has a new open source project for its TranslationManager/2 (TM/2) translation environment that integrates with Joomla!.
- Source: Boosh News – Joomla! is an popular solution for managing website content and appearance.
- Source: CMS Wire – The Joomla! open source content management system is nearing its first big release in over two years. To whet your appetite, you can now check out Joomla! 1.6 beta.
- Source: Smashing Magazine – This article explores the main difference in the mental models: of WordPress and Joomla for theming and extending their core.
Source: PRLog – IP2Location.com, the leading provider of IP geolocation, today announced the release of July 2010 databases and the IP2Location™ Visitor Location & Weather Extension Module for Joomla!.
- Source: ZDNet – Microsoft has signed the contributor agreement for Joomla, one of the biggest PHP-based open-source applications.
- Source: The Open Press – Silver Touch Technologies Limited, the IT solution provider specializing in Mobile Application Development in CMS by making use of Joomla, is expanding its empire.
- Source: PRNewswire – Mitch Pirtle, core Joomla! developer, is named chief technology officer by TOTSY, the private sale site exclusively dedicated to delivering deals on coveted must-haves for moms and children.
- Source: The H Open – New server cluster manager for companies running large-scale PHP applications developed in-house or based on PHP projects, such as Joomla!