The September Issue
The JCM Team is proud to present you the September Issue of the Joomla! Community Magazine.
This month’s edition features:
- An interview to the brand new Advisory Board of Open Source Matters, by Anja de Crom
- An article showing why Joomla is the best solution for local government websites by Olivier Guillard
- The three key challenges of Open Source in developing countries by Ahmed Sobeh
- Anja interviewed the newly elected Vice President of Joomla, Philip Walton
- Hans van der Meer made us discover the JUG Arnhem - Nijmegen as part of the Meet a JUG series
- Yann Gomiero published a piece about the Banner Manager, as part of the Explore the Core series
- Shazma Siddiqui wrote an article to introduce the Rich Snippets feature included in Joomla 5
- Louise Hawkins published a report on the Pizza Bugs and Fun 2023 held last month
- Following last month's success, Anja put together a list of websites created by Joomlers from all over the world
- Serge Billon interviewed Mayank Sahu on how he started using Joomla
- Daniel Dubois shared some useful SEO tips regarding article titles
- Philip Walton wrote an article about the Guided Tours feature evolution
- Brian Teeman published a poem titled "In cyberspace where dangers creep".
- Philip Walton published a Call for Joomla Release Leaders.
This release wouldn't have been possible without the work of the Community Magazine Team, all the authors and all the people who allowed us to interview them.
Thanks to all those who participated.
The Call for Authors for the Community Magazine is always open, we are eager to receive your articles.
If you want to write for the Magazine, regularly or just once, drop us a line at
Contributed to this issue:
Luca Marzo (Co-Editor), Anja de Crom (Co-Editor), Sandra Decoux (Creative Director), Louise Hawkins (Creative Director), Hans van der Meer (Author), Philip Walton (Author), Olivier Guillard (Author), Ahmed Sobeh (Author), Daniel Dubois (Author), Brian Teeman (Author), Serge Billon (Author), Yann Gomiero (Author), Shazma Siddiqui (Author).
We want to thank also all the developers, leaders and volunteers who dedicated their time to answer our interviews.
I have already talk about it multiple times : why don't you add link on articles title ? Good for the users good for the seo.
An other thing : why not releasing the articles over the month instead of a big load ?
You mean link the articles in the editor's intro? We could look into that.
About releasing articles over the month: we would do that if we were a blogging platform, but we're a magazine that comes out each month. With a newsletter that's sent once the issue is published (that does have links to each article).
Steady, regular, overseeable: the 20th of each month, a new issue of the magazine is published, and subscribers to the newsletter get an email about it.
You're free to read the articles whenever you want, you don't have to read everything all at once And last but not least, the front page shows all the articles of that month's issue, and if you click Issues in the menu above and then the month you want to see, you get all articles as well. But you probably knew that already.