This is a chance to have your Joomla! art selected to be made into fan art stickers for the 2013 Joomla! World Conference.
The winner will receive a free ticket to the Joomla! World Conference, some pretty cool press, and recognition of their amazing art, not to mention some free stickers! Want to participate? Here are the official rules:
“Joomla! Fan Art Logo Contest” Official Contest Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase is necessary to participate in this contest.
- ELEGIBILITY. The “Joomla! Fan Art Logo Contest” is intended for anyone who is 18 years of age or older and who wishes to submit an entry to be chosen as the logo for the JOOMLA! World Conference (JWC). You should not enter this contest if it is prohibited by law in the country or community where you reside. You may submit multiple entries. In order to facilitate addressing any issues, this contest shall be construed and evaluated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and applicable state and local laws.
- INSTRUCTIONS. The contest will begin on October 1, 2013, and it will end on October 20, 2013, at 12:00am (Eastern Standard Time). The purpose of the contest is to create a fan art logo to be used by Joomla! at events and on its websites.
- TO ENTER. Please submit your entries via the Fan Art Form on the Joomla! World Conference website: http://conference.joomla.org/jwc13-fan-art-contest
- FORMAT/TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS. The final format will be a 4 x 4-inch die cut sticker to be printed by StickerMule.com. Please visit the StickerMule.com website for more details on how to format your final artwork. http://support.stickermule.com/customer/portal/topics/59688-artwork/articles.
- PRIZE. One individual ticket to the JWC (valued at $349 USD). Distribution of the prize is subject to confirmation of eligibility of the winning entrant.
- WINNER. The official entry period ends on October 20, 2013, at 12:00am (Eastern Standard Time). On October 23, 2013, a panel of judges from JWC/Leadership Teams will select three (3) finalists. The winner will be contacted before the JWC in order to prepare the stickers in advance of the conference. The winner and two runners up will be announced at the JWC, on the JOOMLA! Community Magazine (JCM) at the conference, JWC news channels, Facebook® and Twitter®.
- DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZE. Once the Winner is announced, the individual who registered the entry as identified by his or her contact information submitted on the official entry form will be registered for the JOOMLA! World Conference and sent his or her registration information. If the Winner has already registered, his or her registration fee will be reimbursed.
- CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY. As conditions of entry into this contest, and by providing a design, each entrant warrants and represents that it has the right to assign all rights in and to the entry to Open Source Matters and that his or her entry does not violate any third party rights. Each entrant also warrants and represents that his or her entry complies with these official rules.
- ASSIGNMENT. The entrant who submits the winning entry assigns and, upon selection, automatically assigns to Open Source Matters all of his or her rights in and to the entry, including all copyright and other proprietary rights. As a condition precedent to distribution of the Prize, the winning entrant agrees to sign any required forms to confirm the transfer of his or her rights relating to the entry to Open Source Matters. The winning entrant also irrevocably waives all of his or her moral rights in the entry. All other entrants retain all rights to his or her individual entries, but grant Open Source Matters a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, license to display the logos as entries into this Contest.
- LIABILITY. Open Source Matters assumes neither liability, nor responsibility, for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected entries, or for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Open Source Matters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest or to void all entries should virus, bugs, computer errors, or other causes beyond Open Source Matters’s control corrupt the administration, security, accessibility, or proper display of the entries. No substitution of prizes is offered or authorized, except at the sole discretion of Open Source Matters. The Prize is not transferable. The Winner is solely responsible for any applicable taxes concerning his or her prize.
- PRIVACY STATEMENT. This Contest is subject to Open Source Matters Privacy Statement: https://www.joomla.org/privacy-policy.html