At this busy holiday time, it's a small but heartfelt JCM issue, wishing Joomlers all over the world a very Happy New Year! The start of a new calendar year is a time to look back on the past year, and look to the future. What did 2014 bring for the Joomla Project? And what does 2015 have in store?
A lot happened in 2014. Highlights include:
You may be wondering, how can 2015 ever top all of that? Well, the Joomla Project is going to try, and the following are just some of the plans in store for the new year:
- The Production Leadership Team is hard at work on the next major release, Joomla 3.4. If you’re interested in helping out in the Developer Network, visit http://developer.joomla.org/
- The fourth Joomla World Conference will be the first one over to be held in South Asia, in beautiful …., India! Keep November 2015 open and stay tuned to http://conference.joomla.org for details.
- The Certification Team is zeroing in on the finalization of the Administrator exam. Follow their progress here: https://www.facebook.com/joomlacertificationprogram
- And you won’t want to miss the next JandBeyond conference on May 29-30 in Prague!: http://jandbeyond.org/
- A proposal for a new structure and methodology for the Joomla project is being prepared and will be presented to the community for feedback this month. Progress can be followed in the team reports on the Volunteers Portal: http://volunteers.joomla.org/working-groups/structure-team#reports
- The Joomla Community Magazine is planning a redesign of the magazine with a targeted launch date of July 2015. More language versions are coming, as well as improved navigation and a beautiful new layout.
- The Community Leadership Team (CLT) has more site upgrades in the works.
The end of a year and the start of a new one, is also a time to say Thank You to everyone who works so hard, volunteering time to make Joomla not only a fantastic, empowering CMS, but also a place where being involved is a meaningful and worthwhile human experience.
postcard design by Chiara Aliotta