Community Development Manager Job Description
- CDM will keep up with current development activity in Production Working Groups, including who is actively working on projects, what they are working on, and current project status.
- CDM will help PWG coordinators keep wiki and communication channels up to date to keep community informed of current status of projects. CDM will be a single point of contact for new prospective code contributors and will help them find a suitable project to get started with and help make them feel welcome in the development community.
- CDM will do ongoing active outreach to third-party development community to facilitate contributions of code and development time to the core projects.
- CDM will closely coordinate with GSoC and other student-outreach programs to facilitate the recruitment of student volunteers into the Joomla development community.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Familiarity with Joomla community and culture
- Strong knowledge of Joomla CMS and the building of websites
- Some familiarity with Joomla programming (enough to be able to understand at a high level what different programming projects entail)
- Strong organization skills Ability to deal effectively and positively with all types of people
Time commitment: 20 hours per week