It would be difficult to recall a month that saw more leadership targets reached and initiatives blogged about than in May. They include:
- The Production Leadership Team (PLT) has added Omar Ramos to their ranks. This California-based coder has been active in the Joomla Bug Squad and other areas of Joomla! and we welcome the important contribution he will make in his new role.
- New ticketing system for the JED! This new process will provide better support and save on volunteer time. The solution that was chosen is Maqma Helpdesk, and the same system is in testing for the Trademark Team.
- Community Leadership Team (CLT) call for nominations: The CLT is currently seeking new members to join their team, and has put out the call to the community. If you, or someone you know is interested, please submit your names! Nominations are open until June 10.
- Joint Summit goals - At the end of July the combined Joomla! leadership (CLT/PLT/OSM) will meet in San Jose for the first joint meeting in several years. The proposed goals for this meeting have been posted to the community and your feedback is invited.
- Enhanced listings in the JED: Designed to provide better presentation of extensions in the JED, and to generate income to help the meet project goals, a plan is underway to redesign the listing detail pages and implement new features including some enhanced premium features for the community.
- The JPeople site names a Communications Manager - Isidro Baquero has been active helping the Spanish-speaking community in many ways on the Project as a translator and Joomla Community Magazine editor. He now brings his energy to the J!People site to get the word out on news and information. Follow his tweets at @isidrobaq to be fully informed!
- OSM Treasurer publishes the 2011 approved budget along with goals. Thank you Paul Orwig and the Budget Committee team for pushing this through, and for mapping this process.
- Help Wanted forum: A new forum titled: "Help Wanted in the Community" has been created. Specific help requests will be posted here by the Community Leadership Team (CLT), Production Leadership Team (PLT) and the Open Source Matters (OSM) board.