We have a plan
From now on we have the following goals:
- (Re)Brand the Joomla Community Magazine
- Re-establish the Magazine Editorial Line
- Add regular contributors to The Joomla Magazine Team
- Increase the number of authors in English and other languages
- Publish at least 10 articles monthly
- Reach out for the magazine’s target audience
- Create and maintain localized versions
How can you help
These are the current positions available:
- Authors - authors are individuals from the Joomla Community who create content for the Joomla Community Magazine
- Proofreader - a proofreader is in charge of making sure that the text of any product that involves writing is free of any errors.
- Copy Editor - copy editors ensure that texts are engaging and accessible to the readers.
- Illustrator/Graphic Designer - illustrators/graphic designers are commissioned to produce still drawings for use in articles and imagery for social media.
- Public Relations - public relations officers use a wide range of media to build and sustain the good image of JCM through planned publicity campaigns and PR activity.
- Researcher - researchers are in charge of finding, investigating and evaluating topics for articles.
- Content Strategist - the content strategist is in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars.
- Social Media Specialist - a social media specialist is responsible for building and executing social media strategies across different networks.
- Editors - editors are responsible for overseeing content and quality of magazine publications and make sure content is interesting and informative, according to JCM’s editorial line.
- Assistant Team Lead - the assistant team lead is in charge of assisting Team Leads overseeing team members work, launch dates, call for volunteers when needed and represent the magazine in leadership meeting when the Team Lead is not available
- JCM Ambassadors - a JCM Ambassador participates in events as the magazine representative to promote the publication and find new contributors.
- Marketing specialist - the marketing specialist will assist on (re)branding JCM and creating promotional strategies for the magazine.
Our new proofreader!
We'd like to give a HUGE welcome to our new proof-reader contributor: Shirielle "SD" Williams. Thank you very much for joining the JCM Team!
We have one hour monthly meetings to discuss each new issue and no previous experience is required.
Is contributing for JCM for you?
This is a great opportunity for students who are taking their first steps in the market, for professionals who are looking for new horizons in their careers or who are willing to share their knowledge from any industry in a project that reaches out to people all around the world.
You have the will, we want you on board!