September is the target month for the release of Joomla 3.0. Many volunteers from coders, to marketing team members to the JUX team have contributed articles to really explain what is special about this new release. We have also had authors translating info on 3.0 into Basque, Catalan and Spanish. Gracias amigos! Read them all!:
- All Together Now: The Process and People Behind Joomla! 3.0
- A Visit to Bootstrap Headquarters
- Joomla! 3.0 - JUX Doing It
- Developers Joomla! 3 Update
- Zure laguntza behar dugu Joomla! 3 Zabaltzeko
- Les 10 millors raons perquè t'enamori Joomla 3.0
- Necessitem la teva ajuda per difondre Joomla 3.0
- Las 10 mejores razones para enamorarte de Joomla 3.0
- Joomla 3.0 ¿Qué hay de nuevo? ¡Descubrámoslo!
- Las 3 cosas que necesitas saber sobre Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 Alpha 2 was released in mid-August for developers to start getting ready for 3.0. Remember, this release is not for production sites!
Please help test 3.0, and stay tuned for details on an upcoming bug squash later this month!
Peter Martin (CLT) posted a schedule for the planned j.org site migrations. As you can see there are many subdomains to migrate, but we are getting there!
Pulling us up
On August 1, the Joomla project flew Andrea Tarr (PLT) out to San Francisco to meet with the folks at Bootstrap to work on improving accessibility. Andy shares that experience in an interview in this issue.
Leadership & JDays
The faces of several fearless leaders were seen around the globe at these JoomlaDays:
- JDay Chicago: Andrea Tarr (PLT), Dianne Henning (OSM), Paul Orwig (OSM)
- JDay Cape Town: Peter Martin (CLT), Jacques Rentzke (OSM)
At JDay Cape Town, Peter Martin became the official unconference joke teller. Next time you see him, ask him to tell you the one about the bunny and the carrot cake...
Freedom is a beautiful thing
Don't forget to wake up on September 15 and thank your lucky stars for Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). The Joomla! project is a supporter of Software Freedom Day. Visit the SFD website with the adorable favicon, and join in the celebration!
As the Google Summer of Code comes to a close for our Joomla participants, we all want to thank them for their amazing contributions. Several participants have written articles for this issue. And for the first time in history, most GSoC code is being pulled for the CMS or the platform. Woot!
Tracking our course
A new working group has started meeting to help define overall project goals for 2013. The current group includes members from PLT, CLT, and OSM. Input from the community will be sought before finalizing these goals. Look for an announcement soon with more details.
Project goals and budget
The 2012 goals and budget are now published. The community is invited to review them and comment.
New demo page
The Joomla demo page has a new look to help you get launched with Joomla. Check it out.