Joomla Day Brasil 2018 Recap
After a few years of absence, Joomla Day Brazil has returned in 2018. The event took place in the city of Guarulhos and was organized by JUG São Paulo and offered a diversity in the program that reflected how diverse the Joomla community is.
Guarulhos is a city next to São Paulo, the largest city in Brazil. It was home to Joomla Day Brasil this past August. Hosted by JUG São Paulo, it took place at ENIAC, a local university.
Carlos Piazza, the keynote speaker specialized in marketing with over 37 years of experience, kickstarted the event inviting us to rethink our paradigms and dare to go beyond our comfort zone.
Time to talk about Joomla!
Vanius Girodo showed us how to bring 10 Joomla installations to one multisite. Nivaldo Neto discussed with us about the importance of frameworks and page builders to speed up site development while JBFloripa shared his experience in creating intranets with Joomla for Santa Catarina electric company. Gabriel Stroglio discussed the benefits of using Gantry and Roberto Oliveira talked about the integration between Joomla and Mautic.
Last but not least, we had Saurabh Shah presenting Joomla Community! There Is More Behind The Software Than Code, which was very inspiring.
Then we went beyond Joomla!
Julyane Miranda showed us the importance of making a difference. Later on, we had Ana Barcellos, aka Ana Shah, bringing up the importance of the presence of women in IT industry. Guilherme Razgriz showed us how to control a 3D printer with Joomla, while Henry Douglas gave us some great tips on SEO. Diana Arnos shared her experience as a young IT professional in the market. Liliam Leal gave us a unique perspective on social networks and digital marketing and we got some great information on security from Vinicius Nascimento.
Last but not least, the closing keynote presentation, How to engage people and boost results, by Giuliana Preziosi, who shared her experience with corporate volunteering.
A very special presence
By the time the event was about to wrap up, a dove flew into the auditorium. Some attendees found that an omen of good fortune and looked up online what the presence of the bird could mean.
Joomla Administrator Certification
Joomla Day Brasil hosted the very first Joomla Certification Exam in Latin America. There were six people who were interested in taking the exam.
Vanius Girodo from Palmas, in the state of Tocantins, is the first Brazilian to be certified. He was very anxious about taking the test. JCM had the opportunity to interview him.
Plans for next year...
Brazil is a huge country and everybody left wanting for more. Some talk about where the next event will take place. Maybe somewhere, warmer, more tropical. Who knows?
Everyone from the global Joomla Community is invited to come!
Here's the complete list of the presentations:
- TRANSFORMAÇÃO DIGITAL E DISRUPÇÃO NOS NEGÓCIOS - CARLOS PIAZZA
- O BRASIL NO MERCADO DE EXTENSÕES JOOMLA! - JOHNNY SALAZAR REIDEL
- O MUNDO PRECISA QUE VOCÊ SEJA DIFERENTE! - JULYANE MIRANDA
- CONTROLANDO IMPRESSORA 3D ATRAVÉS DE UM PORTAL COM JOOMLA! E OCTOPRINT - GUILHERME RAZGRIZ
- PHP 7? 5? CMS? FRAMEWORK? JÚNIOR? SÊNIOR? - DIANA ARNOS
- UNINDO 10 SITES EM UMA ÚNICA INSTALAÇÃO-VANIUS GIRODO
- LUGAR DE MULHER É NA... TI? - ANA BARCELLOS (AKA ANA SHAH)
- SEO, SUA PÁGINA EM PRIMEIRO LUGAR NO GOOGLE - HENRY DOUGLAS
- FRAMEWORKS E PAGEBUILDERS - NIVALDO NETO
- DESIGNER, A ARTE DE DEIXAR TUDO BONITO - PEDRO CARVALHO
- JOOMLA COMMUNITY! THERE IS MORE BEHIND THE SOFTWARE THAN CODE (COMUNIDADE JOOMLA: HÁ MUITO MAIS QUE CÓDIGO POR TRÁS DO SOFTWARE) - SAURABH SHAH
- REDES SOCIAIS E MARKETING DIGITAL - LILIAM LEAL
- INTRANET E JOOMLA, UMA PARCERIA DE SUCESSO! - JBFLORIPA
- GANTRY - GABRIEL STROLIGO
- JOOMLA! E MAUTIC - INTEGRAÇÃO TOTAL - ROBERTO OLIVEIRA
- SEGURANÇA DA INFORMAÇÃO - VINICIUS NASCIMENTO
- COMO ENGAJAR PESSOAS E POTENCIALIZAR RESULTADOS - GIULIANA PREZIOSI
This article has been proof-read by Shirielle "SD" Williams
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://magazine.joomla.org/