Community Openings - October 2020
Would you like to get more involved with Joomla? Read more about this month’s highlighted volunteer positions below.
Developer - Joomla Extensions Directory
The role involves the following:
- Knowledge of the Joomla MVC
- Helping to build the new extensions directory, using the specifications document as guidance
- Submitting and testing Pull Requests (PRs)
- In the coming months we will also need input from designers and UX professionals - we will let you know when we are at this stage of the development process
Read more about the team’s activities here: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/extensions-directory-team
Community Sites Team
A new team in formation whose main responsibility will be to work on and provide support for the Joomla Community website (https://community.joomla.org).
This is the main site for our Community where users can find the Joomla User Groups, Joomla Events, the future Service Providers Directory and many other related information about our community.
There are multiple roles to be filled, consisting of:
- Webmaster: general site maintenance, updates, improvements, upgrades.
- The events team and directory support: including implementation of new possibilities in the next version of the directory, improvements in usability, design and integration options.
- The JUG team and directory support: including implementation of new possibilities in the next version of the directory, improvements in usability, design and integration options.
- Service Providers Directory: directory development, listing support and enquiries, subscription management
- Sponsor System: support and liaison with the Capital team, not excluding maintenance, improvement implementations and other feasible improvements.
Read more about the team’s activities here:
Developer - Compliance Team
Commitment required at least 2-3 hours per week.
Read more about the team’s activities here: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/compliance-team
More Ways to Get Involved
The Joomla! Community is always looking for volunteers. Browse the current open positions across the teams to find a position of your interest. A great way to get involved with Joomla!
If you still need help in finding a way to contribute and support the project some examples of how you can get involved are:
- Help us to promote Joomla in your network and social media channels
- Share your knowledge and write an article for the Joomla! Community Magazine
- Support Joomla’s development by sponsoring on Github
Still not sure where to start? Contact the Volunteer Engagement Team (VET) and let them know a little bit about yourself and your skills - they will connect with you and help you to get started!