The Google Summer of Code Has Begun and Joomla is In!
University students from many parts of the world will spend the summer break ("winter break" in some countries) writing code and learning about open source development. Joomla! is one of the selected mentoring organizations in Google Summer of Code 2016 (GSoC 2016). Does it mean that students will be coding to make Joomla! even better? Yes! And we invite you all to join us in the GSoC 2016 journey.
Yes, we did it again!
As everything in Joomla!, to be part of GSoC 2016 was a community achievement. Several volunteers got involved to make it happen. And now we have a great team of Joomla! experts looking forward to mentoring students in their projects. The community provided such great ideas to be developed during the GSoC 2016.
We are waiting for committed and talented students to discuss the application ideas. If you are interested in helping, look for us in the GSoC 2016 mailing list.
Where can I read more about Joomla Google Summer of Code 2016?
- Google Summer of Code 2016 site - Joomla!;
- Google Summer of Code 2016 page in Joomla! Documentation.
You will find there all the information that you need about Joomla! in the Google Summer of Code 2016.
Can I still help?
Yes, you can!
- Join the GSoC 2016 mailing list;
- Share about how awesome Joomla! is. Tell people that we are looking forward to hearing from great students. You can do it on social media, blogs, events, universities etc. ;);
- Follow the students’ articles in this Magazine and post comments encouraging them;
The GSoC 2016 Team thanks everyone who helped sending ideas for projects, volunteering as mentors, spreading the word ... You all rock!
Special thanks to the JED Team and Joomla User Groups (JUGs) all over the world which circulated the GSoC 2016 call and helped us to build this great pool of ideas and awesome team of mentors. Here you can find some of them: