The August Issue
The JCM Team is proud to present you the August Issue of the Joomla! Community Magazine.
It's an amazing day for all the Joomlers worldwide and we couldn't be more excited today, that finally marks the release of Joomla 4, the new major version of one of the most used Content Management Systems.
This month's edition includes several articles to celebrate the release of J4 and tries to highlight the wonderful work done by hundreds of volunteers in so many years of development.
Last but not least, today, Joomla turns 16! So this is a very special birthday for the project!
This edition features:
- A Joomla 4 Release Celebration article by Philip Walton
- A J-birthday article by Andrea Gentil that includes memories from several volunteers
- Viviana Menzel wrote a drive-through the Joomla 4 Control Panel
- Patrick Jackson shared some tips regarding our path to Joomla 4, with a focus on the Pre-Update Checks
- Andrea Gentil interviewed Robert Deutz, the newly elected President of Open Source Matters.
- Patrick Jackson presented us the Joomla's L10N hearth, allowing us to know more about how localization happens.
- Anja interviewed Peter Martin who told us how he learned Joomla
- Tobias Zulauf shared some important information about Joomla 3.10 and the handling of Support for the 3.x series.
- Marc Dechèvre shared a list of all the extensions related to Custom Fields, continuing his successful series.
- Anja interviewed Lena, a 16 year old Joomler who developed her first website.
- Anja interviewed Chetan Madaan from JoomDev who shared their path towards Joomla 4 compatibility with a focus on the Astroid Framwork.
- Philip Walton shared the making of the brand new Joomla 4 landing page.
This release wouldn't have been possible without the work of the Community Magazine Team, all the authors and all the people who allowed us to interview them.
Thanks to all those who participated.
The Call for Authors for the Community Magazine is always open. If you want to write for the Magazine, regularly or just once, drop us a line at
Contributed to this issue:
Andrea Gentil (Editor), Anja de Crom (Co-Editor), Sandra Decoux (Creative Director), Patrick Jackson (Author), Philip Walton (Author), Viviana Menzel (Author), Marc Dechèvre (Author), Tobias Zulauf (Author).
We would like to thank also all the developers who dedicated their time to answer our interviews.
The Joomla Community Magazine is looking for authors on the following topics:
- Joomla 4 Features
- How do Agencies get into trouble on Projects
- Developing a Joomla 4 Template
- Joomla 4: A powerful CLI application
- Joomla for Developers (Framework)
- Create an unlimited design with Joomla
- Get great out of the box SEO with Joomla!
- Building Mobile Apps with Joomla as the backend.
Feel free to submit your articles to the JCM team.