GSoC: Improved Multi-lingual Content Management (Update Status)
Gladly the project had a big update in these months, so let me show you! Having such a complex project in your hands can be sometimes overwhelming, managing time, defining a certain task as finished, planning further tasks is the hardest part.
How I saw coding before:
How I see coding now:
What has been done
- List view, this task just needs some improvements in UI/UX (User Interface, User Experience)
Select item and language:
Display list of items:
After selecting an item from this list, you’ll be in the side-by-side page.
- Side-by-side, there are still some tasks left to do. The undo association button, select custom reference item (created but not associated to the reference language) and copy button.
After selecting target language:
- Saves the item on the left side
- Saves the item on the right side
- Copies all content from the left to the right (not implemented, yet)
- Goes back to the list view
- Makes the target occupy the whole page for better editing
Hide reference example:
What’s left to do
- Finish ACL (what the user is allowed/forbidden to do)
- Finish tasks stated on the side-by-side
- Write documentation
- Last tweaks
I would like to thank the GSoC Team and my mentors André Pereira da Silva, Jean-Marie Simonet and Nicola Galgano mostly for their patience and help provided during the whole project, this wouldn’t be possible without them :) All updates (issues + code) can be followed here.