JoomlaDay Boston, No Blarney!
We had a great turn-out and a high percentage of women (26.6%) at the first JoomlaDay Boston held on March 16 at the Microsoft NERD Center.
This is a big thank you to all the sponsors, speakers and attendees... YOU made this event what it was! And it was (according to feedback) excellent!
I had the chance to speak with several folks, one of whom told me, "Your $65 event cost me $1400 to get there, but it was the best investment I made all year!". He had gotten an email from one of our sponsors, registered online, and then booked his flight from Oklahoma to Boston just to attend this event! Thank you, Len!
Some of the feedback:
- High caliber of attendees. An exceptionally high percentage of developers and savvy Joomla users.
- Its simplicity. It was focused and effective. I learned a lot at this JoomlaDay!
- The immediacy of information.
- Meeting great people and getting some good contacts for the future.
- I loved the amount of Joomla “celebrity-ness” that was in attendance for the weekend. As a speaker, end-user, and general Joomla Kool-Aid drinker, it was great to meet so many folks from the OSM, PLT and CLT teams.
- BOSTON, St. Patrick's Day weekend, all of the outstanding Joomla people and community... oh, being an hour away from my Mother & family was a bonus!
- The location was perfect and the presenters were top notch.
- It was very well paced, that always makes for a pleasant experience!
- Great people who are passionate about what they do. Made some awesome connections.
You can find links to the slideshows on the sessions page.
I want to thank Radek Suski, Mike Carson, David Hurley and Duane Mitchell for your support! You guys kept me going!
Next year, we are planning a two-day event. Keep your eyes and ears open, and follow us on FaceBook or Twitter for the latest!
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://magazine.joomla.org/